21/01/2019

2018 Christmas goodies…



A different kind of Christmas gifting this year. I’d been influenced by the extreme simplicity of the picture below, chanced upon earlier in the year, and chose to extend this to exercise equipment. I bypassed many of my regular Christmas favourites in favour of a ‘biggie’: a walnut rowing machine (wood sustainably sourced, and no connection required to a power-source) by WaterRower.


I kept a few of my regular seasonal gift traditions going though. A calendar (from the Landworkers’ Alliance, my dad’s a member), kitchen equipment in the form of a griddle pan and some measuring spoons (for tinkering around with essential oils in the kitchen), vintage finds via the simplest work-out trousers I could muster up (shorts felt a bit chilly in the British winter, so I settled on 1960s deadstock wool long-johns from ebay) and a cream wool cardi from Jane Mayle (again from ebay, a mere £1.20), plus books from the Cambridge health-shop institution that is Arjuna, the Great Dixter annual journal and 84 Charing Cross Road (because strangely for me, I’ve seen the film several times but never read the book)…

No comments: